Tips to Help Prep Your Home For Sale
These easy improvements can help your home stand out
Posted: January 10, 2019 by Teri Krueger
Buyers are looking for the best, so a home for sale can easily slip through the cracks if it's not in pristine condition. Hopefully the above tips can help get your home noticed and sold faster.
- Curb Appeal: Making a good first impression is crucial, so be sure your lawn is well maintained and that the exterior of your house is clean and tidy. Pressure Washing your home's siding is a good way to clean off any dirt or debris that may have gotten overlooked. You'll also want to make sure the gutters are clean.
- Front Door: A fresh coat of paint, especially in a color that contrasts with the home, will make the front door stand out. An attractive and clean Welcome mat in front of the door can let potential buyers know they are invited. Also, remember to replace faded house numbers so they can be seen from the curb.
- De-clutter and Depersonalize: Buyers want to be able to envision their belongings in your home. Clean up by putting away or renting a storage unit for knickknacks, photos, and other personal items that may be lying around.
- Closets and Drawers: Don't forget to organize closets and drawers. You wouldn't want to give the impression that your home doesn't have adequate storage space.
- Shining Surfaces: Clean your home until it shines and sparkles. Everything from ceiling fans to floors should radiate clean and tidy.
- Paint Colors: Neon orange might be your thing, but it could be a turn off to potential buyers. Painting your walls a neutral color will appeal to a wider range of lookers.
- Neutralize Odors: We've all heard the term "Nose Blind" by now, so you'll want to be extra sure to hide the litter box and spray air neutralizer throughout your home. Before showings, fill it with inviting smells by putting out fresh flowers and baking a batch of cookies.